Protection of Privacy
Accessing our Site and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend our Site, and any service or material we provide on our Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of our Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our Site, or the entire Site, to users.
The names, titles, trademarks, service marks, and logos that appear on our Site are owned by TGB. You may not use such marks without our prior, written permission.
The trademarks of third parties may also appear on our Site from time to time; you may not use these trademarks without prior, written permission of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that nothing on our Site grants, expressly or implicitly, by estoppel or otherwise, any right or license to use any of our marks or may be construed to mean that we have authority to grant any right or license on behalf of any third party trademark owner.
All Content is Protected by Copyright Laws
Images, text, software, documentation, electronic text and image files, audio and video files and clips, and other materials on our Site are protected by copyright laws and may be covered by other restrictions as well. TGB retains all rights it may hold, including copyright, in data, image, text, and any other information contained in these files. Copyrights and other proprietary rights in the material on our Site may also subsist in individuals and entities other than, and in addition to, TGB. TGB expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on our Site, except for the purposes of fair use as defined in the copyright laws, and as described below.
Intellectual Property Rights
You are permitted to use our Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. You must not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store or transmit any of the material on our site, except to store copies of such materials temporarily in RAM, store files that are automatically cached by your web browser for display enhancement purposes, and print a reasonable number of pages of our Site for personal, non-commercial use.
You must not modify copies of any materials from this site or delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site. You must not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes any part of our Site, access to our Site or use of our Site or any services or materials available through our Site.
- In any way that violates any applicable law or regulation.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate TGB or a representative of TGB, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of our Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm TGB or users of our Site or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use our Site in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of our Site, including their ability to engage in real time activities through our Site.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access our Site for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on our Site.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on our Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of our Site.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of our Site, the server on which our Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
- Attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Site.
If you believe any materials accessible on our Site infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those materials from our Site by submitting written notification to our designated Copyright Agent. In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. § 512) (“DMCA”), the written notice (the “DMCA Notice”) must include substantially the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on our Site, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material.
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Our designated Copyright Agent to receive DMCA Notices is the Secretary of TechiesGiveBack. DMCA Notices should be sent to the following address:
550 W 54th, #830
NY NY 10019
If you fail to comply with all of the requirements of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on our Site is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of our Site.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any materials on or through our Site. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS TGB FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY TGB DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER TGB OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review all material before it is posted on our Site, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this paragraph.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through our Site is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to our Site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Changes to our Site
We may update our Site from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material. We may change our Site at any time with or without notice. We may suspend access to our Site, or close it indefinitely.
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to our Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
TGB has not received exemption with the Internal Revenue Service as an organization that qualifies as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended from time to time. TGB does not make any representation regarding the exemption status of any organization whose website may be accessed through our Site. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for determining the proper tax treatment for any donation you make to any organization in connection with our Site. TGB has not and will not provide any tax or legal advice to you in connection with any donation you might make. If you donate to TGB or any other organization through the Site or any site to which the Site links, you should consult with your own accountants, tax advisors and legal advisors.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or our Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER TGB NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH TGB MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER TGB NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH TGB REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TGB HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL TGB, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support and other communications relating to our Site should be directed to: email@example.com.
Last Modified: April 23, 2013